This is a Seasons routing fix for Los Aniegos, a wonderful custom world by Coasterboi. Fixes save games too.
Use Only With Los Aniegos Showtime Edition!
Read on for the instructions how to use it...
Credits and Download Contents
This fix is based on research Inge did and shared in her thread: How to edit a world and make all parts visible and routable. However, just making world fully routable did not fix the lag in Los Aniegos.
So, I exported the world and redid the routing.
This download contains fixed versions of
- World Routing resource
- World Boundaries resource
How To Install The Routing Fix
As this is Coasterboi's world, I cannot just offer a repackage of the world with the fix. You need to do the repackaging yourself.
Install Los Aniegos before trying to install the fix.
1. Back up your game. I'm not responsible of any damage you cause to your game.
The fix itself is safe and working fine, but as the installation is not as simple as dropping in the package, something may go wrong. If something does go wrong, you most probably need just to replace the .world file with the original. But do take the backups. Just in case.
Find the Los Aniegos world package. The file is named Los Aniegos.world. In my PC, it was located in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Showtime\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds. Now, backup this file too (just copy it somewhere with another name).
If you can't find the file, check the other GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds directories you have. Also, if you are using Windows 7, you'll want to temporarily move the file away from Program Files for tweaking it.
2. Download S3PE from Simlogical and install it. Look at the right sidebar and download the "Latest public release".
3. Open S3PE and then use it to open Los Aniegos.world. You should see a long list of resources as the world file is opened. This may take some time.
4. Select Resource->Import->From package... and select to import the LosAniegosRoutingFix.package
5. Now, a dialog appears. Make sure "replace duplicates" is selected and "Compress" and "Use resource name" are selected. Click Import. (If S3PE asks if you want to save in between imports, say no)
6. The routing resources are now imported. Save the Los Aniegos.world by selecting File->Save. Again, this may take some time.
7. Start up the game and enjoy!
This fix does not fix any routing problems that are not related to routable areas (routing paint in CAW).
So, you'll still see at some places sims getting off their cars, walking couple of meters and then getting back in again.
You'll still see some stuck sims every now and then.
In other words, this does not fix any of the old routing issues reported to official Los Aniegos thread. HappySimmer3 has made a list of little fixes you can do yourself. In my case however, that was not necessary and the world run nicely just with the routing fix.
Also, some of the Showtime lots that came with Los Aniegos Showtime Edition were broken, and there are replacement available in the Exhange:
Better In-Than-Out Burger